The EVOLVED-5G book chapter entitled “Towards Continuously Programmable Networks” in the context of Towards Sustainable and Trustworthy 6G: Challenges, Enablers, and Architectural Design, book is now available! You may find it online here: https://www.nowpublishers.com/article/BookDetails/9781638282389
The 9th EVOLVED-5G plenary meeting took place on 20th and 21st of June, in London, hosted by Unmanned Life. More than 30 representatives took part at the meeting discussing about the recent status of the project. Also, in this meeting partners had the chance to set the pace for the final period of the project and the implementation of the final technical achievements. There was also time for the traditional group photo.
EVOLVED-5G was present at EuCNC & 6G Summit 2023! The 2023 EuCNC & 6G Summit built on putting together two successful conferences in the area of telecommunications: EuCNC (European Conference on Networks and Communications), supported by the European Commission, and the 6G Summit, originated from the 6G Flagship programme in Finland, one of the very first in its area. It brought together cutting-edge research and worldrenown industries and businesses, globally attracting in the last years more than 1300 delegates from more than 40 countries all over the world, presented and discussed the latest results, and an exhibition with more than 70 exhibitors, for demonstrating the technology developed in the area, namely within research projects from EU R&I programmes. EVOLVED-5G reserved a booth, presented accepted conference papers and introduced numerous visitors to the concept and the achievements of our project! Apart from the booth several other activities took place in the context of the conference.
The following list tentatively describes the activities, performed there:
- “The 3GPP Common API Framework: Open-Source Release and Application Use Cases” Conference paper
- “5G and B5G NEF exposure capabilities towards an Industrial IoT use case” Conference paper
- “5G and B5G NEF exposure capabilities towards an Industrial IoT use case” paper presentation by George Makropoulos from NCSR “DEMOKRITOS”
- “The 3GPP Common API Framework: Open-Source Release and Application Use Cases” paper presentation by Dimitris Tsolkas from Fogus Innovations
- Pal Robotic’s Video Demo. Find it online here ➢ Telefonica’s Validation Pipeline flow demo video.
- Overall’s project presentation used at booth.
- Internet Institute’s live demo
- EVOLVED-5G project material could also be found at the SNS booth of EuCNC & 6G Summit 2023.
Find the overview of the conference by the organization here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1yW5vo2w1M
On Monday 3rd of July INQBIT partner the organised “Digital Systems Security” training session. The session took place online and in the context of Master Course on Cyber Security by University of Piraeus and more than 25 attendees were connected.
Experimentation and Validation Openness for Long-term evolution of VErtical inDustries in 5G era and beyond
Type of action: Innovation Action
Duration: 36 months
Start date: 1 January 2021
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101016608